Frequently Asked Questions
Step 1: Find the project you want to make
There are 3 ways to search:
1. Select "Design Themes" to search by design category, such as Beach, Home, or Humor.
2. Select "Project Types" to search by a specific type of project, such as Charcuterie Boards, Door Mats, or Ceramics.
3. Select "Full Gallery" to see ALL projects. You can use the "filter" dropdown to view projects by a specific category.
4. If you don't see a design you like or you have a special design in mind for a small fee you can create a custom design…. Select "Custom Requests" and submit a description and/or photo example of your idea at checkout!
Click here to view: Colors, Stains & Size Options or our Pricing Overview
Step 2: Select your project & answer the questions at checkout
Answer the questions to provide your project details, such as the workshop date you plan to attend, any personalization, customization or other add-ons to your project.
Select the wood sign shape & size you want -- the price automatically adjusts based on your selection. Click here to see our current Pricing List.
Note: To view available shapes and sizes, click the link at the bottom: "View colors & sizes here"
2. HOW WOULD YOU LIKE TO MAKE THIS PROJECT?
A) Select "Open Workshop" to select which open workshop date you plan to attend.
B) Select "Private Workshop" to select the private event date you plan to attend.
C) Select "DIY at Home" if you want us to send you all the supplies to make the project on your own.
D) Select "Make it For Me" if you want us to make it for you!
3. IS THERE PERSONALIZATION ON THIS DESIGN?
Select "YES" to add your personalization details, such as names, dates, or location.
4. WHAT ELSE WOULD YOU LIKE TO ADD?
Check the box next to any upgrades you would like to add for your project, if any.
5. WOULD YOU LIKE TO MAKE ANY CUSTOM DESIGN CHANGES?
Select "YES" to describe the changes and upload a photo (if you have one). For example, if you want the sign to say "Nana" instead of "Grandma", etc.
Note: If you want to make an entirely different/new custom design, select the Custom Wood Design project instead.
6. ADDITIONAL COMMENTS
Include anything else you would like us to know!
Select the number of products you want to purchase.
8. ADD TO CART
Click button to complete your purchase and reserve your spot in the selected workshop!
EVERYONE! Our workshops are for men, women and kids that aren’t afraid to roll up their sleeves, dig in and learn something new! All ages and skill levels are welcome!
Sign up for a class or grab a group of friends to book a private event, Birthday or Fundraisers!
Our instructors will guide you every step of the way and make sure you leave with a piece that you are proud to show off in your home or gift to a friend.
Yes! We are mobile and can come to you for a small travel fee. Our travel fees range from $50 to $100 based on distance.
Nothing! We think of workshops and events as the same thing around here.
Yes, we can make it for you!
We offer a full retail suite of products, as well as Bridal Signs, Realtor/housewarming gifts, and many more custom signs and gifts -- let us know what we can make for you!
Yes, we can drop off to you and mail kits for a nominal fee. We offer FREE drop off for Peabody, MA & Gloucester, MA.
** Craft safely with our non toxic paints & stains!
** Our Stains & Paints are products that lessen environmental impact, including those that meet or exceed applicable Volatile Organic Compound ("VOC") emission standards and help achieve LEED® credit* toward green building standards
** Formulated to clean up easily with soap and water
** Complies fully with all applicable environmental laws, rules, and regulations *LEED® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Green
C&E Project Points is our customer rewards system! Every time you make a purchase, you collect points which can eventually be redeemed for a discount!
Earn more Project Points for different actions, and turn those Project Points into awesome rewards!
1. Click the button or icon on the bottom right of the website to open up the C&E Project Points window.
2. Sign up with your email to start earning points and access your rewards.
You can earn Project Points in several ways.... signing up, placing orders, liking on social media, and even celebrating your birthday!
Click through each option in the Rewards window to learn more.
Once you've earned enough points, you can check your "Activity" to see how many points you've earned and request a code via email to redeem them for a sweet discount!
Since each design is prepped to order and the custom nature of our workshops, registration fees are non-refundable.
If you are unable to make it, please email us or call and we will set your design aside and you can join another workshop, or you can join a walk-in weekend session.
Come experience the Create & Escape difference! We love what we do and it shows! Our fun, social, relaxed and encouraging environment will leave you ready to sign up for your next workshop!
We believe that you work hard for your money so when you make the choice to join us for a workshop we want to make it a one of kind experience you will love.
It’s all about the details! We do our best to ensure every last detail is attended to, so your workshop experience is positive and unique!
We are so confident that you will have a great time, we even GAURENTEE it! If you are not completely satisfied with your creation then we invite you to come back and create again on US!
We are 10a-6p daily, 7 days a week. We are also open at night based on our event calendar.
We offer in-studio workshops, Private Events, Fundraisers, Create by Appointments, “Create at Home” DIY Craft Kits, Birthday in Box Packages and Virtual Workshops for adults & kids!
CLICK HERE to view our current hours of operation and CDC Safety Guidelines.
We can hold 25-28 comfortable in our studio. We have 5-6 tables that hold a max 7 each.
We follow all CDC Covid 19 Safety guidelines. Our staff is Vaxed. We are mask-optional. Please be kind and respect everyone's choice that they feel most comfortable with.. We adhere to all CDC guidelines so as the rules change we will change our rules to always be safe as we craft!
CDC Safety Guidelines
We follow the CDC safety standards during the COVID19 pandemic and have safety protocols to keep your DIY experience fun and safe. Please check back for the latest information, as our guidelines change per government updates on a daily basis.
- We are mask-optional. We respect everyone's choice to mask or not to mask.
- All staff have been fully vaccinated
- 25 guest max for In-Studio Open & Walk-In Workshops
- 8 person minimum for In-studio Private Workshops & Events
- We have 5 tables that hold about 7 people each -- plenty of room to spread out!
- You can bring refreshments (food & drinks) to enjoy with your group
- We provide cleaning stations with hand sanitizer and Lysol wipes for guests
- We change our policy based on the current guidelines provided by the CDC